who the fuck cares if you have -9 drawing skills. draw anyway. draw your ocs. draw other people’s ocs. can’t draw hands? FUCK IT. DRAW TENTACLES. can’t draw the other eye? DRAW PROFILES INSTEAD. DRAW A CYCLOPS. DRAW BANGS. IDFK MAN BUT JUST FUCKING DRAW
45 Things Men Should Know And Parents Should Pass Onto Their Children (courtesy of my mother)
- one bad test grade does not mean a failed class.
- an unhealthy meal does not make you unhealthy.
- one unkind remark does not make you a bad person.
- one cut, one binge, one purge, one fix does not mean being clean is hopeless.
- one mistake does not make you a failure.
- one million mistakes do not make you a failure.
Reblogging this because I need this.
I really needed to hear this
"You two have managed to accomplish something together no one ever has; you surprised me.”
I’ve been fucking waiting for this photo set right here, and let me tell you why. Monsters University quickly became my favorite movie due to a single fact, that these two? They failed. They actually went to school and they failed, they didn’t get brought back in, they didn’t make a miraculous come back at the end, they fucking failed College.
But that didn’t stop them. Through hard work, perseverance, and taking opportunities that came a long instead of just settling for where they were at, they were able so still make it to where they wanted to be.
That is super powerful, it gives you hope, knowing that college isn’t the only way. Because you know what? It isn’t, you don’t have to go to college to get to where you want to be or to be happy. You just got to take chances, take opportunities, swallow that fear and do things to help change your life for the better. If you believe college is it? Fantastic! Go for it!
However, remember: Life is never over if you fail something. You just got to look for opportunities to bring yourself back up.
Until you heal the wounds of your past, you are going to bleed. You can bandage the bleeding with food, with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarettes, with sex; But eventually, it will all ooze through and stain your life. You must find the strength to open the wounds, Stick your hands inside, pull out the core of the pain that is holding you in your past, the memories and make peace with them.
Something a little more personal.
Since my move to California, there had been a lot of self-doubt about my level of talent and whether or not I should have made the choices I’ve made leading up to this point. As I’ve said in this, even when it seems as though everything’s not going well, life has a way of turning things around when you work hard enough to make that happen.
Even though what I’m saying is pretty much general knowledge, I made this more for myself than anyone else…but it’s something I hope someone could look at now and later. To remind themselves of their potential, whether they believe they have it or not. I myself still have a ways to go, but I continue creating art and remaining more hopeful than ever.
Senpai? I…don’t feel unpleasant. - Mirai
Final for my Time Arts class. Nothing gets you in touch with your own anger quite like listening to this and thinking about all the times you’ve been objectified and belittled.
Reasons to be Grateful
1. You’re alive.
2. You have a roof over your head, food to eat and clothes to wear.
3. You have access to basic education, and are able to read and write.
4. You have choices, and the freedom to make your own decisions (about what to eat, what to wear, where to live, the kind of career you would like to pursue etc.)
5. You are not being persecuted for your beliefs, and you live in a country that respects your human rights.
6. You have faced and overcome some huge obstacles.
7. You have experienced the warmth and the love of friends.
8. There are people in your life who miss you, and look forward to seeing you again.
9. You can enjoy gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.
1o. You have access to the internet!
Day 1082 - 18 November 2013
with a dash of positivity
I don’t usually reblog stuff to this blog, but this is beautiful, and we all could use the reminder.