PRO TIP: watching “how it’s made” is SUCH a good way to combat an anxiety attack! There’s soothing music, a soothing narrator who’s intonation never changes (narrators never yell or change their speaking pace), it’s engaging enough to keep you occupied but doesn’t force you to think too hard!
You’re okay, Anna. I’ve got you.
#if you aren’t an older sibling#you probably don’t understand this feeling#it’s like from the day your little sibling is born#you have a child#you are given the responsibility of being a parent at such a young age#and it’s so difficult and scary#because you have all this work thrust upon you#and people don’t even realize they’re doing it#because you’re the big sibling and it’s your job to take care of your sibling#and you grow up quickly with a younger brother or sister#because in a way they’re an extension of you#they’re your best friend that you didn’t have to work to get#and the worst enemy you did nothing to deserve#but you love them#and they love you#and there’s nothing better#but there’s also nothing worse#because when you fuck up and derp and throw a goddamn soccer ball at their head#and they’re on the ground crying#you feel like the biggest piece of shit#and when they come to you crying#because someone was bullying them#you see nothing but red#how dare they cause your person pain#and god forbid they get into a position#where they are life-threateningly hurt#or sick#you have nothing and that’s not an exaggeration because you can’t fix them or protect them anymore#all you can do is hold them and cry when they can’t see you so you can be strong when they can
the best pranks are the super harmless ones
like why would you pull someones pants down in public or like put them in danger or humiliate them when you can just baffle them by leaving tiny plastic camels all over their house or taping bill cosby’s face over every single face in every picture in their house?
Last year the seniors had a mariachi band follow the principle for 3 hours
However, if your drawing is worse than your standard; then you need other’s advice or learn from other’s drawing.
Moreover, you will never reach your own standard until you die. Is it despair? No, it means you will have endless exciting adventures. The real despair is when you’re too perfect that you don’t know what to do. Enjoy your endless trip to be ‘almost’ perfect.
1. Treat everyone with compassion and kindness
2. Treat everyone as valuable
3. Be interested in others (and not just yourself)
4. Look for, and comment on, the best in other people
5. Be there for your friends when they’re going through tough times
6. Think of little things that could make another’s day
7. Motivate others to be all that they can be.
i wouldn’t be the same person i am now without the wonderful friends i have
Jared to a fan who struggled with suicide (x)
This is actually a great scene of how to deal with self negativity, self loathing and self doubt. Remind yourself that you have people who love you, think you’re amazing and if they had a conference table, you’d have a seat right there with them, waiting for your logo to be painted on it.
1. Give up your need to always be right.
2. Give up your need for control.
3. Give up blame.
4. Give up your self-defeating self-talk, and your limiting beliefs.
5. Give up complaining.
6. Give up your need to impress others.
7. Give up your resistance to change.
8. Give up your fears.
9. Give up your excuses.
10. Give up on living your life to fit other peoples’ expectations.
1. When you cut yourself, clean and bandage it.
2. Do not start smoking cigarettes because the boy who broke your heart does.
3. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
4. Cutting calories doesn’t do anything but make you unhappy.
5. If the number on the scale rises, throw it out.
6. The first girl you ever “date” is going to call the police on you even though she lives three thousand miles away, because you’re going to tell her that you’re not in a good mental state shortly after you’ve “broken up”.
7. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
8. Break up with the boy who says, “You had a sexy phase!” when you tell him that you’ve dated a girl before.
9. Dating your friends is not always the best idea, but you can still be friends after you’ve broken up with her.
10. Your mother will try to become your best friend because you’re leaving for college soon. Let her.
11. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
12. Your closest friend will stop talking to you when you leave for college.
13. It’s okay to cry.
14. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
15. When you cut yourself again, clean and bandage it. Do not be ashamed.
16. Your anxiety is going to try and control your entire life. Tell it to shut the hell up, because you’re trying to live and that task is hard enough as it is.
17. The past has a funny way of coming back in the form of you developing a crush on another friend.
18. Try not to hate yourself for breaking up with your boyfriend.
19. If you’re still smoking, apologize silently to your mother.
20. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
who the fuck cares if you have -9 drawing skills. draw anyway. draw your ocs. draw other people’s ocs. can’t draw hands? FUCK IT. DRAW TENTACLES. can’t draw the other eye? DRAW PROFILES INSTEAD. DRAW A CYCLOPS. DRAW BANGS. IDFK MAN BUT JUST FUCKING DRAW
45 Things Men Should Know And Parents Should Pass Onto Their Children (courtesy of my mother)
types of anxiety disorders // what is panic disorder? // panic disorder & agoraphobia // tips to cope with a panic attack // 3 ways to help someone having a panic attack // 4 things you shouldn’t say to someone having a panic attack // what is obsessive compulsive disorder? // more on ocd // coping with ocd // living with someone who has ocd // what is post-traumatic stress disorder? // coping with ptsd // 10 tips for understanding someone with ptsd //what is social anxiety disorder? // coping with social anxiety disorder // how worrying affects the bodyCALMING DOWN
wikihow // helpful tips // 3 practices to calm an anxious mind // how-to guide // creating your mind palace // 3 breathing exercises // 6 breathing exercises // yoga bunny // meditation for beginners // about meditation // yoga with connie bowman // 20 minute yoga routine // yoga to make you happy // guided meditationMASTERPOSTS
back to school // helpful websites // happy things // feel good things // college survival // a lil bit of everything // a really big masterpost // music masterpost // diy home spa // coping skills & distractions // for bad days // bad day remediesBLOGS
yogaholics // killyouranxiety // thatanxietyblog // lets-beat-mental-illness // recoverykitty // yogis-yoginis // healthylifestylechoice // happier-soon // rising.co.vu // catfromhell // you-can-just-breathe (trigger warning: autoplay) // recovery-in-pink // forescent // recoverytreeMUSIC
note to self. // good feelings // coffee shop acoustic // bubble baths, coffee and hardback books // rad covers // a little bit of everything // good morning // breathe // acoustic // conquer school // wheels on the road // choose happy // coffee shop tunes // my faves // good vibes // late winter nights // lovely quiet // overwhelmed // tonight you’re perfect // random [feel]goodies // rewind // crawling back to you // sleepy tunesRELAXING NOISESOTHER
make a grounding box // top 10 essential oils to relieve anxiety // personal care products from walgreens // aromatherapy // 19 natural remedies for anxiety // lots and lots of sweaters // stuffed animals // books (free) // used books for 1 cent // electric blankets // soft pillows